Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today we go to the Cardiologist

Today is Asher's follow up appointment with his cardiologist at the Congenital Heart Institute. I'm hoping to have more good news regarding his heart and that there will be no need for a follow up surgery! It feels like we are just getting use to our new routine as "normal" and the thought of having to start all over again with hospital stays and pain med addictions is not a very welcome one. But, I'm not going to go there unless it is truly in our future. Asher has been doing so well that it amazes me! With all that he has gone through, you never would know it to look at him, aside from our slightly different daily routine and 8" chest scar. He is bright, alert and responsive. I think he discovered his hand last night as my mother was watching him.... he stared at it as if it were his first time really seeing it ;) He is a little bit delayed when looking at his motor skills and overall weight, but I don't think it is something he can't catch up from as long as he isn't continually hospitalized.

I tend to take on the burden of trying to bring him back up to speed developmentally. It's a good and a bad thing I think. Good because he needs the extra attention, especially in that area, but bad because I feel like I never do enough to help him out. If he sits too long in his bouncy chair, because I have to clean up the kitchen, then I feel guilty and that's not good.

Please just continue to keep us in your prayers, that God's will would be manifested in our lives and we would come through this fire as purified silver......having no impurities found in us and only reflecting the father's face!

Blessings!
~Erika~

No comments: