Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stuff about the "God's Presence Gathering"

Here is some of the stuff that God has been teaching me recently. It's not finished at all though. I was hesitant to send it before it's completion but I realize that this is most likely part of the book God has me writing so it won't be done for a while. I wanted to share it with all of you because many of you have helped me to pray this in. I stared typing an e-mail in response to a friend of mine a few days ago and my hands just kept on typing. He is giving me a blueprint for revival. This has a lot to do with the worship gathering I was talking about doing during memorial day weekend.

This meeting is still going to happen. Maybe just not on the scale that we were originally thinking of. I am going to need at least 4 worship teams that are going to play for 2 hours each......but I'm not going to get into that here. So y'all read this and tell me what you think. I want your feed back. I know this isn't directly Asher stuff so if you want to know updates about him, I will be posting another blog later on this evening.

Blessings and enjoy

M@




I've been feeling that more people would get healed if we would just worship God and create an environment where His presence is welcomed and where He is pleased. When He comes into the room every knee bows and every tongue confesses that He is Lord. Problem is we haven't had that kind of ministry modeled for us before so we are left with blowing on people, yelling at them and pushing them over.

That is actually one of the things I've talked to The Lord about concerning doing this worship thing (maybe memorial day weekend, maybe later). He wants me to cultivate an atmosphere of worship. An atmosphere where we are focusing on inviting Him in. Where we are focusing on really making Him comfortable. Confessing all sin and pressing in to Him. Really worshiping Him. Not just getting excited about good music. Preparing the hearts of the people before they even get to the place where we have this meeting. Preparing the atmosphere in our hearts first. Preparing a place for God to be welcomed in our hearts and He will inevitably be welcomed into our midst. At that point we invite the lost in and His presence will do all the hard stuff. I was thinking about setting up signs all over Orlando that read "If you hate your life show up at ____ at ____time" That's it on the sign. But doing this after we have got the atmosphere established in our hearts and in our midst. The lost will walk in and be found. We don't need so much preaching really. People don't need so much preaching. They need God. They need a real God that really Loves them and they need to really feel it. They don't need stories and theology. They don't need the study of God, they need God Himself.

I know one thing for sure. When Asher was about dead. Theology went out the window and in an instant I needed GOD TO MOVE. I needed His presence and I needed to feel it. I needed very real assurance that He was with me in my time of weakness. We've got a lot of teachings about a lot of things but we don't have a whole lot of His presence manifested. We don't see a whole lot of people living in the fullness of what God's Word say that we can live in. We have access to it. It's why Jesus died on the cross and it's a people living in this reality that the lost will run to. They need hope and that is one of the lasting results that me and God are looking at accomplishing through this gathering thing.

We've got a lot of people on the earth today that really need a touch from God. A real touch from God. Not a "Hey your going to hell. Come to my church" evangelism speal. There is a reason why that is simply not effective. It's not the heart of God and it can be done without God's presence. Anyone can do it. And we have been trained and taught in America how to do "it" without His presence. This has won us a lot of big buildings and lukewarm comfort driven "christians" but no real lasting effects for the Kingdom of God in our cities.

So anyway. What I feel God telling me to do is to put out a clarion call to all who are willing in the Central Florida area to prepare a place for God. Where He can be who He is and we can be with Him. A place where He is comfortable and is truly treated as the focal point of the meeting. Not a building made with human hands but a building consisting of living stones. Hearts that are fully given over to God.

Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. - 1st John 3:2-3



So here is the plan:

1) Prepare a place for The Lord in our hearts as individuals.

2) Prepare a Place for The Lord Corporately.

3) When God comes, Invite the lost, the sick and those in need of a touch from God (whether they know it or not).

4) Repeat until Jesus comes back.




Prepare a Place for The Lord as Individuals


Make Loving Him with everything we have our very first priority. Confess any known sin and repent. Change the way we think by confessing it is contrary to God's Kingdom and asking God to renew our minds. Taking more time than ever before to get into The Word, prayer and fasting. Maybe doing this in the context of a 21 day corporate water fast. (I'm open to suggestions.) At this point, all who are involved will consciously set themselves apart to God. The goal here is absolute surrender and abandonment to His will and His presence.

The goal here is repentance. Turning from our own way and turning to The Lord with all of our heart, soul and strength. When we have it our way, we may have a whopper with cheese but we won't have revival.

Repent For The Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand

One of the definitions of the word repent means to "change the way you think". We think that it is either God's way or our way. God is looking for partnership. In a partnership, your not looking for a selfish partner that only looks out for themselves but someone who is like minded that has the same goals in mind. You need to be able to trust your partner. Jesus is looking for a bride. One that He will one day soon declare as His wife. Marriage is a partnership. The husband is the head, amen. I don't know about all you other husbands out there but I want my wife's input and though I hate to admit it sometimes I need it. I want her opinion on things. Erika didn't marry me because I said so (though I did but that's not the point ;) I love you Erika!). But because she loved me and wanted in on this adventure that being with me offered. We shared vision. We saw that we operated better together than apart. Not that God is any less without us, please hear me out. He has limited Himself and declared that He wants to do this thing with a wife.

He is interested in our ideas and opinions. He wants us part of the process but we've got get that self seeking thing out of the equation. We are not here to start a ministry but to let God minister to us (The son of man did not come to be served but to serve). After He has washed us clean of our self life, opened our eyes so that we can see clearly and He does any other kind of deliverance that He decides to take us through. Then we can see clearly and our minds have been renewed so that we can partner with Him. He wants to do this in us. HE REALLY WANTS TO DO THIS.

Free from the Bondage of Sin

He really wants us free. He really wants us to see clearly and be free from the bondage of independence. It has been killing the human race ever since the fall of Adam. Remember, Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil and independence was one of the first works he did in mankind. Every sin has it's roots in independence from God and from each other. God originally created us to be in perfect harmony and partnership with both Himself and our fellow man. The fruit of the fall is what Christ came to destroy.

No comments: