Friday, June 11, 2010

An encounter I had the other day

This is a bit in rough form as it was meant to be more of a journal entry than a blog post but I really feel that there are some that will be blessed by what has happened to me over the last few days. I pray this blesses you and that your lives are enriched by the testimony of what God is doing with us.
Blessings in Jesus' Name,
M@

Journal entry 6-7-10


Yesterday I finished putting to gather my action plan for the power of the focused life segment of Intro to IHOP-KC and I was having doubts that I would be able to follow through with my action plan. I was asking God for grace to walk it out.


Yesterday, I compiled a prayer list and I had been praying from it the rest of the day and this morning.


Last night at the awakening, I felt urged to ask The Lord to give me His thoughts towards me. I immediately began feeling intense joy and assurance that He was going to answer the prayer. I had been asking for years that God wold make me a good father and husband. Last night, there was also a call for those that had to see visions of God to sustain them and that they would be preoccupied with God no matter what else they were doing. I went forward for the altar call and I felt waves of the Holy Spirit going over me as if I was floating in the ocean and waves were going past me.




This morning, after I got back from my running, I took a shower and I started going through my prayer list again and suddenly I was filled with faith that Jesus bled and died for me and that He went down to hell for 3 days and he came up with the keys to hell and death. I suddenly believed that I had the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead living in me and that I have what it takes to be a good father and husband. I have what it takes to preach the gospel and to see millions of souls saved and to see the sick healed, the demons cast out and dead raised. I realized that I have what it takes to bring in millions of dollars to the prayer and missions movement and to care for the orphan and the widows. I have what it takes to buy a property of hundreds of acres outright with no debt, I have what it takes to grow my own food and to make sustainable energy sources. It's all because Jesus bled and died and rose from the grave victorious that I can do any thing.


Luke 1:37

For with God NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!


-He lives in me!!!!!! He is with me!!!!!!!!!!!


Matthew 17:20

So Jesus said to them……..if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there.' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.


I also realized that since there is nothing that is impossible for me, that I now have a responsibility to walk in the power that has been given to me. It has been given to me for a purpose and that is so that I would live in such a way that impossibilities would bow at the name of Jesus in my life as a lifestyle. I am not allowed to call anything impossible as far as spreading the gospel and advancing the Kingdom of God goes. I'm not allowed to say that it's impossible to heal any disease. I'm not allowed to say that I can't raise up my kids in The Lord to be men of God. I'm not allowed to use my failures, my parents failures or anyone else's failures to justify my inability to do anything. Not church leaders or teachers that have failed to meet my expectations not anyone.


2nd Peter 1:2-4

…His divine power has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which we have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.



I can be free to forgive and love them and not be hindered by the mistakes they have made because I have the Spirit of the living Christ dwelling in me. In spite of wrong teaching or any wrong examples that I may have received from others, I have the living Holy Spirit living in me and He will teach me the right way of things I need to do in my life. I can forgive those people in my life that set the wrong example for me or taught me wrong thinking. I can forgive them and love them knowing that they did what they did out of the place of not encountering the Holy Spirit. I can be free to love them and to forgive them and let the Holy spirit teach me the right way.


1st John 2:27

…..the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. And now little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.



M@


6-7-10

1 comment:

fixedonHIM said...

WOW...I am so blessed by your testimony, Matt!!! I too, am finding out that TRULY I can do NOTHING apart from HIM. But, when I choose to abide in HIM...ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. These are exciting times!!! GLORY to our King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!!

Tell Erika & the boys Hi for us. :)

Blessings,
Denise Cornett