Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Decision to Wait...

And no sooner had it begun and it seemed over! Matt and I have agreed to stop giving Asher bottles until we see the oral motor ladies again. For two mornings in a row now, he has aspirated thickened milk and had a tough time breathing through it afterwords. He still sounded a bit congested last night so we are thinking he isn't ready yet and don't want to force the issue and get him sick out of our eagerness for him to be able to eat. He truly enjoys it and that is quite a relief...I'm just praying that with oral motor help, he will be able to strengthen what is weak and continue to enjoy sucking until we can re-introduce oral feeds.

It is the best decision for him, but I have to say that I feel very little hope right now for ever being able to breastfeed my little boy. Please pray that my pumping schedule will become more regular and my milk will increase along with his demand for it. I'm having to supplement with frozen milk in the deep freeze right now and that is almost gone which worries me a bit.

Please continue to lift me up in prayer along with Asher's healing. I am feeling the weight of this situation lately and I don't want to give in to the pressure of feeling depressed and hopeless. The family doesn't need that and through Jesus, I don't have to be bound by it... but it is trying none the less.


1 comment:

Dixiemom7 said...

My heart aches for you. I'm praying for you all. When does he see the ladies? Asher is healing and growing, all things in time.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Today, I'm posting about Antonio's awesomeness. ;)