Monday, March 15, 2010

Our Trip to KC Part 1

Our Trip to KC
Part 1


It has been a long journey to get to KC. It has been a long journey indeed. I am now sitting in the prayer room at IHOP at 11:17pm during Matt Gilman's set updating all of you all with the details of our trip up here.

Our digital camera broke shortly after we got to Huntsville Alabama so I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post. Though I used Ted Amey's iphone to take some pics and email them to myself that I may share with you some pics from Storehouse (Huntsville HOP).


Leaving Orlando

We spent our last night at Erika's Mom's place after the moving company picked all of our stuff up, including our beds. We slept in her guest room all as a family and I went to Walmart to pick up some last minute things for our trip. Namely, a Garmin GPS unit (great idea!), energy drinks in case my sleepy eyes get heavy on the road (gotta make good time!) and a set of huge over ear head phones for Joel's new portable DVD player Mama Sue (my mom.) bought for him. We woke up the next morning at 6am and said our tearful good bye to Glenna, Erika's mom and hit the road.



It was an amazing trip. Joel slept for 2 or 3 hours at the beginning of our trip up to Huntsville and then we hooked up Mama Sues dvd player with the huge headphones I bought Him and he was as snug as a bug in a rug the whole ride.



It was truly a blessing to have this for Joel for this long trip. It kept him occupied the entire ride. Though I'm not one for having the TV be a baby sitter, this time it was the right thing at the right time for sure.


Asher slept for quite a large chuck of the trip as well. When he wasn't sleeping, he was making loads of happy noises in the back and throwing his bottle all over the car for Erika to go and retrieve while I was driving.

When Joel would start getting a bit restless, we stopped at Chick-Fil-A and ate some lunch and let him play in the play place for an hour or so to burn off some pent up energy from the road. We stopped somewhere in Georgia.


Here is a pic of Joel playing on the playground at Chick-Fil-A. He Loved it!!!!



He is saying hi to "Ma Glenna" (Erika's mom) here. He thought I was video taping.




Then it was back on the road. After 5 or 6 long hours on the road we arrived at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Huntsville Alabama. We didn't get pics of the house or anything. We were too happy to not be moving at 80 miles an hour to think about pic taking. My mind has not yet been renewed to that of a professional blogger as of yet (I'm praying for an impartation of your skills Emily!)




The last Time Joel and uncle Mark hung out was way back in 07 when Erika, Joel and I stopped by for a day or two after the Call Nashville. They had a great time playing patty cake.

It wasn't long before I was Skyped by the Mama's back in Orlando and then everyone was talking to my laptop for a couple of hours.

We then went to bed and slept like rocks until Joel, our faithful alarm clock, woke us up the next morning ;).

That's all your gettin out of me for right now. It's midnight 30 here at IHOP and the night watch just started. That means it far past my bed time but I wanted to give you all something to let you know how the trip went.

In the next post, I will be letting you all in on North Alabama's best kept secret; Storehouse (Huntsville HOP) and the connections that were made there.

Love you all!!! Blessings in the name of Jesus!!!!

M@


No comments: