Monday, March 22, 2010

I Encountered The Love of God

I came to the realization that there was a God and that He was good was about 7 years ago. I had been on a spiritual journey in search of the truth. I had been a angry satanist at one point, then after being sick of being angry all the time I searched elsewhere for the truth and peace. I search through wicca, taoism and a whole other slew of belief systems that left me as empty and depressed as I ever was. I wasn't sure if there was a God or wasn't a God. I had been so done with searching and having the same results that I was open to knowing the truth whatever it was.


One night I was at a party at one of my friends house and we were smoking weed and doing other hallucinogenic drugs when I suddenly felt love glowing off of everything. I felt so loved and all creation expressed this love to me. Then out of no where the phrase "God is Love" came to the forefront of my consciousness and I suddenly realized that what I was feeling was the Love of God and that He was real and I suddenly understood that Jesus was the true way and that Word of God was His Word written to me. I suddenly knew that God was real and that He Loved me with an everlasting Love that I could actually physically feel.


From that night to this I have been in Love with the God that Loves me. The moment I got home I started reading the bible. I Loved that book and still do. The Holy Spirit met me where I was at, a stoned out, confused 20 something, hallucinating and searching for truth everywhere but where it really was. In His mercy He met me and showed me His Love and it forever changed me. I wasn't in a church. I wasn't in a bible study. I was in a backyard of a friend stoned out of my mind in the midst of a bunch of kids on drugs. He came to me. He walked into my darkness and confusion and He showed me who He was and that He Loved me. He wasn't mad at me. He Loved me as if I was His only son. He showed me this and I've never turned back.


I was nothing. I was a user, an adulterer, I was dead in my sins and He invited me into eternal life. This is my story. This is my testimony. I didn't stop smoking pot or sleeping around until years after this encounter but His Love was and is relentless. He pursued me and is still pursuing me time and time and time again. I've left those things behind because they come between me and The One That Loves Me!!! They don't really satisfy anyway.


He Loved me out of my sins and transgressions. He didn't wait until I got my act together and stepped into a church building. He came and got me out of the darkness. I had little to do with it other than being the object of His affection. I simply received His Love for me and it has been transforming me. I'm not the same person I was before!!!


The Love of God transformed this stoned out pervert into a man of God!!!! He took this walking corpse and He gave me life!!!! He made me alive when I was dead in my sins and transgressions. He saw that I was like that and He loved me too much to leave me that way. He Loved me first. His Love cleansed me and made me whole. It took away the depression and the confusion. Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior and there is no pit so deep that His Love is not deeper still!!!! My life is a testimony to that!!!!


God gives personal favoritism to no man. What he did for me, He can do for you for you as well. If you would open your heart and receive the Love of God. Let Him Love you. He is indeed real and His love towards you is relentless. It will not quit. He will not stop pursuing you. The things your holding onto don't satisfy you and you know it!!! The Love of God always satisfies the thirsty soul!!! Receive of His Love today!!!!! Turn from the other distractions in your life!!! Nothing will satisfy you like the Love of Christ!!!! There is no other god like my God. Jesus is the only way to The Father!!! He is the only path to peace!! There is no other!!!

2 comments:

Diana Scimone said...

Awesome, Matt! I am so glad to read your testimony. It's going to touch many people. Love it!

We miss you all here, but know you are right where you're supposed to be!

Love to all the Bonds,
Diana

Dixiemom7 said...

Great testimony! Isn't God amazing? We don't deserve His love, yet He longs for our's! Thanks for your transparency.